Skip to Main Content
Puente Model Components
- Academic advising until transfer.
- College visits and educational/cultural field trips.
- Supports students through the transfer application process.
- Provides information to Puente parents and family.
- Counseling courses- Couns 005 & Couns 007.
- English 1AX and English 1B.
- Incorporates Latino literature, issues, and culture into class.
- Builds a sense of community (familia) among Puente students.
- Explores concepts of community, leadership, and service with students.
- Professionals from the community volunteer to share their educational and career experiences.
- Motivate students to reach their goals.
- Foster the development of networking skills.
- Serve as role-models for "giving back" to the community .
Become a Mentor for the 2021-2022 academic year and sign-up by September 1, 2021! To learn more, please review our Puente Mentor Recruitment Flyer for details. To sign- up, please complete our Puente Mentor Interest Form.
- Students are required to attend 4 events per semester
- Events are pre-scheduled and involve transfer, such as university trips, and learning/bonding