ALL of the following must be met in order to be eligible to APPLY to the Registered Nursing (LVN-RN) Program:
- Active California Vocational Nursing License in good standing.
- Overall cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 for all college coursework.
- Completion of the following SCIENCE PREREQUISITES with a combined G.P.A. of 2.5 with
no grade less than "C" for each course and no more than one repetition for a substandard
grade in any one of the 3 courses (no course recency/time limitation):
- Human Anatomy (BIOSC 047), 5 semester Units or equivalent **
- Human Physiology (BIOSC 048), 5 semester units or equivalent **
- Microbiology (BIOSC 004), 5 semester units or equivalent **
*Equivalent courses must be comparable to Mission College’s BIOSC 047, 048 and 004 in content and delivery. Online or virtual lab courses are NOT acceptable. Course descriptions are required if completed outside of West Valley Mission College District.
- Completion of the following PREREQUISITES with a grade of C or better:
- English Composition (ENGL 1A), 3 semester units or equivalent
- Satisfactory score on the ADN or BSN TEAS 6 Test. First attempt score of 62% is the minimum score accepted. Proof of remediation is required if you have taken the TEAS 6 examination more than once because of a substandard cut score.
- Additional BRN Requirement:
- Comm 001 Public Speaking
- Math 000C Intermediate Algebra or MATH 010 Statistics
- Psych 001 OR Psych 12 (General Psychology OR Human Growth and Development)
Only official electronic transcripts for the 2021-2022 application period will be accepted from each college and university attended, including Mission College (including all college courses, prerequisites, general education and Vocational Nursing Program).
Transcripts of students will also be accepted from National Clearinghouse https://www.studentclearinghouse.org/
All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by the International Education Research Foundation www.ierf.org or World Education Services www.wes.org or International Evaluation Service www.iescaree.com, a credential evaluation service for determining U.S. equivalency. If a foreign degree was earned or program required course was taken, the evaluation must state its equivalency to a U.S. degree or course by official evaluation.
Application and Selection Process
Applicant Conditions For Eligibility
- Complete the application. Incomplete or unsigned application packages will not be considered.
- Comply with requirements and deadlines and submit a COMPLETE application package.
- All supporting documents must be submitted with the application in one packet to the Registered Nursing (LVN-RN) Program office (No post marks accepted).
- Maintain currency and accuracy of file, including: Name, address, email, and/or telephone number changes, and transcripts (updated to include courses completed after applying that are not pre-requirements).
- Online GPA calculator: https://www.ohlone.edu/transfer/gpacalculator
- Online GPA calculator: https://www.westvalley.edu/services/transfer/calculator.html
- Link to Mission College online application
- Mission College Student ID number required on application
- Copy of Mission College Student photo ID required upon program enrollment (Not Required 2021-2022 cohort)
- Student must apply for Summer 2021 term through CCCApply at: https://www.opencccapply.net/gateway/apply?cccMisCode=492
Our affiliating clinical agencies have requirements mandating that a background investigation must be completed prior to student clinical experience. This background check will include the following: criminal history record search, SSN trace, Medicare/Medicaid fraud, and Nationwide Sex Offender Registry.
Once accepted into the Registered Nursing (LVN-RN) Program, students will be given instructions for completing the background investigation. Students are responsible for the cost of their background investigation.
Please note: If a Mission College Nursing Student is denied access to clinical site by the clinical agency based on information obtained during the background check, the student will be unable to continue in the LVN-RN Program.
Denial of Licensure
The California Board of Registered Nursing may deny a license regulated by the Business and Professional Code, Section 480, on such grounds as: being convicted of a crime, acts of dishonesty, fraud, or deceit.
For applicants who are notified that they have been accepted for enrollment into the program, there are two additional requirements.
- Health Requirements: Applicants selected for enrollment in the program must have physical examination, laboratory tests, and immunizations just prior to starting the Nursing Program. The student must be free from communicable diseases, infections, and must be able to perform the essential requirements of the program with or without reasonable accommodations for disability.
- Vaccination and/or weekly COVID testing maybe required.
- Orientation Session - Mandatory!!
Student Information Documents
(For students conditionally accepted into the program and alternates.)
NOTE: The following documents will be discussed during orientation and may still be revised so do not fill out until after orientation.
Student General Information:
Student General Information:
Alternate TEAS Testing Locations open to the Public:
- Register for the TEAS through www.atitesting.com