ASC Online Peer Tutoring
ASC peer tutors provide online academic support via Canvas for a wide range of courses in basic skills, transfer, STEM, and courses that lead to degrees or certificates. In order to provide more flexibility for students, the ASC also extended online tutoring hours to weekend.
Find Fall 2021 online tutoring hours below:
- Business/Technology/CTE Tutoring:
- Humanities and Social Sciences Tutoring
- Language Arts Tutoring
- Math/Science Tutoring
ASC In-person Peer Tutoring
Tutoring Hours: Tuesday/Thursday 12 - 4 PM
Tutoring Subjects/Courses: ASC FA21 In-person Tutoring Schedules (click the link for detail)
Location: Student Academic Support Center (Room SEC-154, Engagement Center Building)
Tutoring types: Appointment/Drop-in
Link to Schedule an In-person Tutoring Appointment @ ASC, SEC-154
(Once you click on the scheduling link, you will be asked to log on to your Cranium Cafe account)
NetTutor is an external online tutoring resource for all Mission College students. You can access NetTutor via your Canvas course account.
To access online tutoring, go to Canvas and login.
Three Modes of Online Tutoring Are Available to Students:
- Ask NetTutor: Connect to a live tutor for immediate assistance.
- NetTutor Q&A Center: Drop off a question and receive feedback from a tutor.
- NetTutor Paper Center: Submit your paper, lab report, or technical writing for review.
Info for Faculty
NetTutor Intro Video: This video is a brief overview of NetTutor.
NetTutor - Faculty Video: This video is geared towards faculty and gives a comprehensive overview of NetTutor (this link allows you to view as well as download the video.)
Information for Students
- NetTutor Modes: Details the different ways to receive tutoring including Ask a NetTutor, Q&A Center and the Paper Center.
- NetTutor Live Tutoring: This video demonstrates how a live tutoring session is conducted on NetTutor.
- Using the Tools on NetTutor’s Whiteboard: This video shows how a student goes about typing, drawing, composing math equations and uploading images during a tutoring session.
- How to Ask NetTutor a Question: This video shows how to submit a question to a live tutor while using NetTutor.
- How to make an appointment with NetTutor.
- Math and Statistics
- Writing and English
- Nursing and Allied Health
- Computer Science
- Political Science
- Science (including Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Geology, and Physics)
- Business (including Accounting, Economics, and Finance)
- Foreign Languages (Spanish, French, Italian, and German)